Garbage Disposal Repair
Garbage disposals are often misused, causing them to breakdown and your kitchen sink to back up and clog. The Plumbing Joint Inc. is the go-to name in garbage disposal repair Seattle knows and trusts. When you need maintenance or even a replacement garbage disposal, our skilled technicians have the experience necessary to get the job done right.
The plumbing around sinks, especially in older homes, can be delicate. Handling garbage disposal repair takes know-how in order to ensure your plumbing and cabinetry is safe from damage in the process. The Plumbing Joint has been fixing garbage disposals and working on plumbing since 1973. Our plumbers are licensed, bonded, and insured, so you can rest assured the job is in good hands.
Signs you need garbage disposal repair:
- You turn on the switch and you hear the motor, but the blades are not rotating
- You turn it on and hear nothing at all
- There is water leaking from under the sink when you use the garbage disposal
- Your sink fills with water that won’t drain
- The water drains very slowly, even when you have used the garbage disposal
- The garbage disposal will not turn off
If you recognize any of these symptoms in your kitchen sink, you likely need garbage disposal repair.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Seattle Trusts
Our skilled technicians get to your home quickly, whenever there is a problem. We look over the issue and offer you a written estimate before we begin work. With us, there are never any hidden fees. We wait for your approval before moving forward and we are always happy to answer any questions you may have, first.
Our perfect rating with the BBB and high customer reviews demonstrate our commitment to quality as well as customer service. We will always be honest about whether you need a new garbage disposal or if it is possible to repair the one you have. We can even remove a faulty garbage disposal, fix your clog, and connect your plumbing without a garbage disposal, if you prefer.
If you do need a new garbage disposal, we have a selection available so you do not have to wait. We handle garbage disposal installation in Seattle as well as garbage disposal maintenance.
Tips for using your garbage disposal:
Of course the best option is to avoid needing garbage disposal repair at all. Many people think disposals are hardier than they really are. The real purpose for this appliance is to dispose of small bits of food remnants down the sink while rinsing dishes. They are not made to dispose of large amounts of food items when you’re cleaning out your refrigerator.
- Do not put fibrous foods down the drain, such as broccoli, melon rinds, onions, and the like.
- Do not put more than a few table spoons of soft food down the drain at one time.
- Do not pour grease or fat down the disposal.
- Do not turn the disposal off before the grinding is complete.
- Avoid putting starchy foods like potato peels, a lot of rice, or pasta down the disposal. (They turn into a paste.)
- Never grind non-food items such as bones, glass, or plastic.
For your garbage disposal repair in Seattle and surrounding areas, contact us today.