Garbage Disposal Repair in Renton
Serving Seattle, Snohomish, King, and Pierce Counties
Garbage disposals are often misused, which can cause them to break down and back up your kitchen sink. The Plumbing Joint is the name to trust for garbage disposal repair services in Renton and the surrounding areas. When you need maintenance or even a garbage disposal replacement, our skilled technicians have the experience necessary to get the job done right.
The plumbing around sinks (especially in older homes) can be delicate. Handling garbage disposal repair takes know-how in order to ensure your plumbing and cabinetry is safe from damage in the process. Our experienced team has been fixing garbage disposals and working on plumbing since 1973. Our professional plumbers are licensed, bonded, and insured, so you can rest assured your pipes are in good hands.
Signs you need garbage disposal repair include:
- You turn on the switch and you hear the motor, but the blades are not rotating
- You turn on the switch and hear nothing at all
- There is water leaking from under the sink when you use the garbage disposal
- Your sink fills with water that won’t drain
- The water drains very slowly, even when you have used the garbage disposal
- The garbage disposal will not turn off
If you recognize any of these conditions in your kitchen sink, you likely need garbage disposal repair.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance
Our skilled technicians will arrive quickly whenever there is a problem. We examine the issue and offer you a written estimate before we begin work. With us, there are never any hidden fees. We wait for your approval before moving forward and we are always happy to answer any questions you may have, first.
Our perfect rating with the BBB and high customer reviews demonstrate our commitment to quality as well as customer service. We will always be honest about whether you need a new garbage disposal or if it is possible to repair the one you have. We can even remove a faulty garbage disposal, fix your clog, and connect your plumbing without a garbage disposal, if you prefer.
If you do need a new garbage disposal, we have a selection for you to choose from. We handle garbage disposal installation as well as garbage disposal maintenance in Seattle, Renton, Kent, Redmond, Bellevue, and the surrounding areas.
Tips for Using Your Garbage Disposal
Many people think disposals are hardier than they really are. The real purpose for this appliance is to dispose of small bits of food remnants down the sink. They are not made to dispose of large amounts of food items when you’re cleaning out your refrigerator.
Here are some ways to avoid needing garbage disposal repair:
- Do not put fibrous foods down the drain, such as broccoli, melon rinds, onions, and the like.
- Do not put more than a few tablespoons of soft food down the drain at one time.
- Do not pour grease or fat down the disposal.
- Do not turn the disposal off before the grinding is complete.
- Avoid putting starchy foods like potato peels, a lot of rice, or pasta down the disposal. (They turn into a paste.)
- Never grind non-food items such as bones, glass, or plastic.
You Only Pay for the Time We're There
Instead of flat rate pricing, you will only pay for the time we spend in your home.
All of our technicians are friendly and professional to guarantee every job is quality work with a process you will enjoy.
We are open & honest in our communication so you know you are getting a fair price every time.
We're focused on meeting your specific needs. Every job is completed with you in mind.
Joint was quick, affordable, and Easy- Dave H.
Amazing experience again.- Anthony E.
The charge was reasonable and the service was GREAT, and he was very nice.- Betty J.
We had a unique plumbing problem that involved low water pressure and watering a community garden.- Jim G.
Thank you for the great cost effective work. 5 Stars.- Brandon M.