Leak Repair in Renton, WA
Leak Repair Services in King, Pierce, & Snohomish Counties. Call (425) 279-7029 Today!
From washing dishes to flushing the toilet to taking a shower, your home uses hundreds of gallons of water every single day just with regular use. Pipes are typically able to handle it all, but occasionally issues occur that prevent your plumbing system from operating as expected. Whenever you discover a leak, it is essential that you contact a professional as soon as possible. The Plumbing Joint has provided trustworthy plumbing services since 1973. Trust our team for leak repair in Renton.
What Causes Plumbing Leaks?
Sometimes a leak may not seem like an initial cause for concern. Typically, homeowners give us a call after dealing with a leaking faucet for weeks. However, a small leak may indicate a much larger problem.
Common causes of leaks in the Renton area include:
- Clogged lines
- Corrosion of the piping material
- Damaged seals and pipe joints
- High water pressure
- Movement of the ground and foundation
- Temperature changes
- Tree roots entering the system
Leaking pipes can have a serious impact on your property. Without repair, leaks can result in worsened water quality, flooding, damaged furniture, stained walls, and even black mold. What could have been fixed by an experienced plumber can turn into a serious project that can cost tens of thousands of dollars. When you notice a leak, give The Plumbing Joint a call right away!
Tips for Detecting a Water Leak
- Be sure to check your water meter! You should check your water meter and note the level. You can check the meter again after a few hours (it's easiest to record the first level when everyone goes to bed, then check it again first thing in the morning). A leak may have occurred.
- Toilets need to be checked! Over time, even a small leak in a toilet can waste a lot of water. Place a few drops of food coloring in the back of the tank after removing the tank lid. Then wait 30 minutes before flushing. Make sure there is no colored water in the toilet bowl from the tank. If there is, there is a leak.
- You should check your washing machine! If you want to avoid major flooding in your home, you should take proper care of your washing machine, no matter where it's located in your house. Regularly inspect the hoses for bulging, cracking, fraying, and leaks around the ends. Leaving at least four inches between the water connection and the back of the washing machine will prevent the hose from kinking.
- Check for leaks regularly! Check your home and other valuable items for signs of water leaks routinely to prevent damage. If you observe at least one of these signs, chances are you have a leak or are in danger of developing one.
How Do You Prevent Plumbing Leaks in Your Home?
- There is a possibility of a leak in a crowded cabinet. Under sink cabinets are often used to store cleaning supplies and other household items, but when this space is cluttered and items hit your pipes, a leak is more likely to occur.
- It is sometimes better to replace instead of repairing. For instance, a faucet. When it becomes too corroded, you may have difficulty finding the right parts when you need to repair it. When this occurs, you may be better off installing a new faucet altogether (even if you love your old one).
- Locate your main shut-off valve. When you discover a leak in your home, the first step to fixing the issue is to shut off the main shutoff valve. You can't turn off the water at your water meter in case of a severe emergency, but knowing where the main shutoff valve is can help.
Best Service from Our Family-Owned Business
Our Renton plumbers are passionate about providing expert plumbing services to homes across Seattle, Renton, Kent, Redmond, and Bellevue. As a family-owned business, we strongly believe in providing the best service possible to every person that calls for a plumber. We understand that your home is your haven and strive to make the process as smooth as possible. When you need honest plumbers that you can rely on, turn to The Plumbing Joint.
Receive an estimate for your water leak service by reaching out to (425) 279-7029.
You Only Pay for the Time We're There
Instead of flat rate pricing, you will only pay for the time we spend in your home.
All of our technicians are friendly and professional to guarantee every job is quality work with a process you will enjoy.
We are open & honest in our communication so you know you are getting a fair price every time.
We're focused on meeting your specific needs. Every job is completed with you in mind.
Joint was quick, affordable, and Easy- Dave H.
Amazing experience again.- Anthony E.
The charge was reasonable and the service was GREAT, and he was very nice.- Betty J.
We had a unique plumbing problem that involved low water pressure and watering a community garden.- Jim G.
Thank you for the great cost effective work. 5 Stars.- Brandon M.